Sunday, November 16, 2014

Again with the baby quilts

Ok, last post about these baby quilts. Promise.

 
So first, I made the one with the orange border. Interestingly, its the least good, I think, in many ways. I like that as I made more, I improved in my sewing and accuracy and such.
 
 
But I still like the colours & the fabrics. This one is destined for NZ, in the not too distant future.
 
Then in the middle, I made one from a pack of precuts. I don't remember what the precut pack was called, but it was Moda, and I bought it at The Needlewoman, a lovely quilt shop in central Hobart. I also bought that bright orange border fabric from the first quilt there. They are lovely, and tolerant of small clumsy children.
 
 
After discovering how much time precuts buy you, I sped through this one. I wanted to try quilting with a contrast thread, and also quilting a little more than I usually do (see a theme here?!) I think it came out fine - it looks a little wonky in the picture above as its been folded for a while, but its quite sweet in real life. You can see where my machine got serviced (if you really look), and it really shows how much of what I was struggling with earlier was my machine - the stitches are much more even post-service.
 

  

I love this fabric selection - its cute and bright and modern all in one.  This one is heading off to the UK in a month or two, fingers crossed!


And that, for the time being, is the end of the baby quilts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So pleased you have enjoyed these dear little quilts that will go to new little people with a good serve of your love.
Mx