Sunday, February 21, 2016

Roses

When we moved into this house, there were a number of established rose bushes. They seemed in reasonable nick, but were being decimated by a very large, hungry possum. So I netted them. They recovered (after a ferocious attack of aphids) and although they now have to grow in the confines of the net, I have lovely flowers for the house most of the time. The garden bed isn't really visible from the house, although it is from the driveway, so I don't mind the nets too much. I suspect you may get sick of seeing pics like this - I can't stop taking them!


I don't know what varieties they are (although I have suspicions about a few), but am hoping to get cuttings from them this autumn and expand my numbers next year - for the minimal amount of care they require there is a lot of loveliness. 

2 comments:

MOOTTHING said...

Lovely! They look straight from a still life painting.

MOOTTHING said...

Lovely! They look straight from a still life painting.